To increase public access to ecological, regionally-adapted seed.
Support grassroots efforts to save, store, trial and document high-quality, regionally-adapted seed.
Distribution of grants to community groups with a strong seed focus. Three groups from the Prairies received micro-grants in 2013-2014:
- Food Matters Manitoba, Caroline Chartrand
- Rethink Red Deer, Rene Michalak
- Neubergthal Heritage Foundation, Terry Mireau
This project is being led by Seeds of Diversity Canada, with the support of the regional coordinators of the Bauta Seed Initiative.
Visit our national site here.
- Neubergthal Seedy Saturday, Neubergthal, MB 2013
- Eco-Ag Conference, Winnipeg MB